This year, consider taking a summertime vacation in Austin, Texas! From sporting events and festivals to all sorts of delicious foods, there’s no end of fun to be had in Austin!
For your next exciting getaway, book a non-stop Southwest flight from Harlingen to Austin and catch some of the awesome entertainment and celebrations below!
Have a Blast at Austin Festivals
Austin is well-known for having some of the most unique festivals in all of South Texas, if not all of the U.S.! People flock to the city from all around the world to attend Austin’s many festivals, so there’s sure to be something that piques your interest!
- Blues on the Green: This weekly musical event takes place every Wednesday in Ziller Park, through the summer and August. Blues is in the name, but you’ll find plenty of other music genres interspersed within the series as well.
- Bat Fest: This unique festival celebrates the more than 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats that emerge under the Congress bridge at dusk. You can help celebrate their arrival with music, delicious food, children’s activities, and more.
- The Republic Of Texas Biker Rally: Motorcycle lovers this year will find amazing motorcycle acts along with other events such as wrestling, hundreds of vendors, and music by ZZ Top at the Republic of Texas Biker Rally!
Expand Your Palate at Delicious Food Events
Sometimes the best way to experience a new place is with your stomach! Luckily for all you foodies out there, Austin also has plenty of excellent events for trying different foods and drinks.
- Austin Hot Sauce Festival: Usually taking place towards the end of summer, this one-day event celebrates hundreds of different hot sauces as well as yummy food and live music!
- Quesoff at The Mohawk: For all the queso lovers out there, this event features plenty of local restaurants, acclaimed chefs, and home-cooks creating countless different types of quesos in four distinct categories–meaty, spicy, veggie, and wild card!
- The Pecan Street Festival: This wonderful festival combines arts and crafts with plenty of live music and some seriously yummy food!
- Hot Luck Festival: This event is returning in 2022 on Memorial Day weekend and is a great opportunity to try out plenty of delicious different foods paired with great music!
Catch a Valley International Flight on Your Next Trip to Austin!
Whether you’re traveling far and wide to international destinations like Monterrey or Cancun, or you’re catching one of our daily non-stop Southwest flights to Texas locations like Austin or Houston, Valley International Airport can take you where you need to go, comfortably and affordably.
This summer, plan your non-stop trip from VIA to Austin with Southwest to discover all the wonderful events the city has to offer! With plenty of non-stop flights available, VIA is an excellent airport to choose for your next flight.