If you’re looking to plan the perfect getaway or fun business trip this coming February, look no further than Chicago, where there’s something for everyone, from professionals to families!
A city like Chicago has things to do year-round, but the spring and winter months are a lovely time of year to visit the Windy City! Read on to learn why you should take a non-stop flight from Harlingen to Chicago O’Hare this coming spring season!
While you’re at it, why not consider making it an adventure by adding a connecting flight to another exciting city?
1. Check Out the Coolest Attractions Chicago Has to Offer
If you enjoy looking at some jaw-dropping architecture or the prettiest views, you’re in luck. From art institutes to parks, Chicago has everything!
- Chicago Riverwalk – Stroll along the Chicago River, taking in the gorgeous sights of the city.
- Lincoln Park Zoo – Check out this giant zoo and stop in to visit the Great Ape House!
- Museum of Science and Industry – With 14 acres of exhibits, you and your family will find several cool things to see.
- Chicago Observation Deck – Check out Chicago’s skyline on a 360-degree moving platform.
- The Art Institute of Chicago – You and your children don’t have to be art lovers to be impressed here!
With so much to explore, you’ll never be bored in Chicago!
2. From Markets to Malls, Shop Til You Drop!
If you love shopping, Chicago is the place to be. Find antiques, clothes, and souvenirs in one or more of these massive shopping areas!
- Magnificent Mile – Enjoy the mile-long district lined with shops everyone can enjoy.
- Water Tower Place – With over 100 stores, you can find all kinds of goodies inside, including American Girl and Lego for the kids!
- French Market – This one is for you if you enjoy roaming through flea and street markets.
- The 900 Shops Mall – Stroll through the luxury mall of your dreams with seven shopping levels in this 67-story skyscraper!
- Merchandise Mart – If you love retail shopping, check out this giant mall with a fun architectural twist!
No matter what you’re shopping for, you’re bound to find it in Chicago!
3. Satisfy Your Cravings With Chicago’s Unique Food and Drinks
When you explore a new area, try out the locals’ favorites! From authentic deep-dish pizza to Chicago-style hot dogs, your mouth is probably watering already.
- Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder
- Eleven City Diner
- Chicago’s Dog House
- Hugo’s Frog Bar and Fish House
- The Wormhole Coffee
If you’re overwhelmed about where to start with the food and drinks, take a food tour!
4. Don’t Miss Out — Take a Guided Tour!
Tours are a great way to explore big cities like Chicago. Make sure you don’t miss out by trying a guided tour!
- Walking tours
- River cruises
- Architecture tours
- Helicopter rides
You can find a guided tour to walk, ride, or segway around the city. With so many options, find a new way to explore Chicago!
5. Sit Back and Relax at a Chicago-Style Festival or Show
Make your trip one-of-a-kind by visiting a show or festival in the Windy City!
- The Original Immersive Van Gogh – Surround yourself with art and enjoy Van Gogh’s work like never before.
- The Magic Parlor – See if you can figure out how the magician does his tricks.
- World Music Festival – Get your groove on! Kick up your feet or dance to the music!
- Drunk Shakespeare Performance – Watch an actor drink some alcohol and attempt to perform a classic play!
6. Take a Connecting Flight to Explore More Exciting Destinations!
You’ve booked your flight to Chicago, but why stop there? If you want to plan a city hopping tour of the U.S., you can’t go wrong with a first stop in the Windy City, and from there are endless places that you can explore! Texans can take a spring trip to the beautiful upper midwest to experience any number of unique communities, including Milwaukee, Detroit, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Maddison!
7. See Chicago From the Air With Valley International Airport!
Choose a flight that lands in Chicago in the early morning, and you’ll get breathtaking views of the sunrise over the city. Or come in after dark and see the beautiful skyline lit up!
Whichever way you choose, fly with Valley International Airport for a convenient non-stop Saturday flight starting this February. Don’t waste time figuring out where to go; visit Chicago for a fabulous getaway!