Tours & Field Trips
*AIRPORT TOURS SUSPENDED – UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*
Tours of the Valley International Airport (VIA) are designed to provide a practical link to a student’s academic study of transportation and careers in aviation. Upon completion of the tour, students will better understand the role an airport and aviation plays in the community, as well as the wide range of careers related to aviation.
Please call 956-430-8600 to re-confirm your group the day before your scheduled trip (call on Friday if your trip is scheduled for Monday). Failure to re-confirm constitutes automatic cancellation.
- Tours are available to students in grades K-12 and to any group interested in knowing more about the Airport.
- Tours will be tailored to each age group.
- Tours are given Monday, Thursday, and Friday between the morning hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. and the afternoon hours of 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required.
- Tours are limited to 1 hour and could last up to two hours depending upon student / groups interest and questions.
- One adult must accompany every ten students.
- Minimum group size is 6 and Maximum group size is 40. (due to increased security)
Appropriate adult supervision of the students is required. There is always the possibility of an emergency while visiting the airport and due to heightened security, we may not be able to go through the entire tour. Please be prepared to follow instructions at all times during the tour.
Tours & Field Trips Form:
(All fields required)
- One-Stop Flights For Your 2022 Fall and Winter Vacations!
- 4 Rio Grande Valley Spots to Escape to This Winter!
- Things to do in the Rio Grande Valley: Explore Nature WIth Birding, Hunting, Fishing, and Hiking
- 10 Ways to Find Life-Changing Adventures on South Padre Island!
- Don’t Forget These Beach Essentials When Traveling the Ocean This Summer