Denver, Colorado offers a variety of amazing outdoor and indoor activities to enjoy this winter. From hitting the ski slopes to sipping hot chocolate at Union Station, there’s something to do for every mood. This winter, Denver is sure to entertain!
Plan your next winter getaway to Denver when you fly with your Harlingen airport.
1.Hit the Ski Slopes
If you’re looking to hit the ski slopes this winter, Denver is the place to be. Most Front Range ski areas are located within two hours of Denver, giving you a variety of options to choose from.
- Winter Park Resort is located just two hours from the Denver International Airport and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Loveland Ski Area located just 53 miles west of Denver. This ski area boasts 1,365 acres of terrain and the second-highest chair lift in the world.
Denver is sure to please any ski expert or beginner.
2.Play in the Snow
This winter, get outside and enjoy the stunning Colorado views. The Downtown Denver Rink offers free admission seven days a week, so you can skate the night away with your loved ones.
Enjoy the mountain views when you take a leisurely stroll through Washington Park. This park is a replica of George Washington’s garden at Mount Vernon. You’ll be surrounded by two lakes, two flower gardens, and 155 acres of stunning grounds.
With the Great Outdoors Adventures, you can take a heated “sleigh ride” on their all-terrain vehicles. You’ll be able to take in the snowy scenery while staying toasty!
3.Escape the Cold at These Denver Museums
If you want a break from the Denver winter weather, there are many museums to choose from.
The Denver Art Museum has five floors of diverse exhibits, as well as one of the largest art collections between Kansas City and the West Coast.
Experience THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride at the Colorado Railroad Museum. You’ll enjoy holiday caroling when you stop at the heated Polar Express Pavilion, then ride to the North Pole on an authentic, coal-fired steam locomotive. You’ll feel as if you were in the movie after your train ride experience!
4.Warm Up With a Beverage
Experience high tea at the historic Brown Palace on 17th and Broadway. You’ll get to warm up with tea in the lobby while a pianist plays.
Of course, you can’t have tea without something to eat. Scones and finger sandwiches will be served along with your tea.
If you come closer to the holidays, you’ll get to have breakfast with Santa and enjoy a special Christmas tea! While walking downtown, stop for some hot chocolate at the Union Station. During the holidays you’ll see a grand Christmas tree in the Great Hall and meet Santa on the weekends.
5.Take in the Christmas Lights
It wouldn’t be winter in Denver without catching the large amounts of light displays.
- Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo have over 80 acres of sparkling lights with nightly ice carving demonstrations.
- Blossoms of Light is hosted by the Denver Botanic Gardens each year. Take your family to see the large, interactive light displays with animated LED lights.
- Cherry Creek North Winter Wonderland boasts 16 blocks with over half a million lights. You’ll be in awe once you see the eight twinkling light displays choreographed by music.
Visit Denver This Winter When You Fly With VIA
Denver offers a variety of things to do this winter. From outdoor to indoor activities, there’s sure to be something to entertain. Start your winter off right when you plan your next trip to Denver, Colorado.
With non-stop flights to Denver, Valley International Airport can get you to your winter destination in no time. Book your flight today and start planning your next vacation to Denver.