Southwest Airlines is often chosen for its flexible flights and affordable rates. Unfortunately, they are not at every airport and many have to make an extra journey to fly with them.
Do we have some news for you…
At Valley International Airport, we are proud to offer flights through Southwest Airlines and are excited to share what makes this airline so special.
1. Southwest Offers A Very Competitive Change Fee Policy
Each airline has its own change fee policy and the truth is that some are better than others. When you choose Southwest Airlines, here is what happens if you need to change your ticket:
- Each fare class has the ability to make changes to their ticket.
- You will have to pay the difference in price if your new ticket costs more.
- You will receive the difference in the form of a refund or travel credit if your new ticket is less expensive.
With other airlines, you will not have the ability to change tickets or receive a refund if the new ticket is cheaper. This can be a deal-breaker for frequent travelers who need a more flexible flight experience.
2. At Southwest, You Can Rebook Your Ticket If Prices Drop
It can be hard to commit to booking your flight when there is always a possibility that the price could drop later on.
When flying with Southwest, you don’t have to hesitate. Go ahead and book your flight, and if prices drop weeks later, you will be able to purchase at the lower price and get that money back.
Here’s how it works for each ticket class:
- Southwest’s Business Select and Anytime Fares: These tickets are always fully refundable; simply cancel your flight and rebook the exact same, but cheaper flight.
- Wanna Get Away Fare: These tickets are not fully refundable, but you can get almost all your money back. Go ahead and cancel your flight and re-book, then you will receive travel funds for the canceled flight. This is essentially credit and travel funds are good for up to 12 months.
3. Southwest Has No Hidden Or Extra Fees
There are certain airlines that will charge extra or hidden fees to print your boarding pass at the airport, check a second bag, or accept a bag of peanuts from the flight attendant.
When flying with Southwest Airlines, you will not find any hidden charges put on your credit card under any circumstances. We are proud to offer your first two checked bags for free, with no catches or hidden fees.
4. Southwest Offers a One of a Kind Boarding Process
The first time you board with Southwest, you may be thrown for a loop with how they run their boarding process. But after going through it just once, you’ll see the magic in the madness.
First, it’s important to know that no one is assigned a seat when they book their ticket. Once you board, you will be able to choose any open seat on the aircraft. The boarding order is based upon when you check-in for your flight. If you do not want to stand in line all day, it is recommended that you check-in as soon as you are able to.
Southwest Offers the Following Flights Out of the RGV:
- Daily non-stop to Austin
- Daily non-stop to Houston
- Seasonal non-stops to Dallas/Love for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break
Take Advantage of Everything Southwest Has To Offer When You Fly With Valley International Airport!
At Valley International Airport, it’s our mission to make your travel and flight experience a pleasant one. Enjoy all the perks of flying with Southwest without ever having to leave the RGV.
When flying with Southwest Airlines, gates 5 and 6 are located upstairs and baggage claim can be found downstairs.
A friendly reminder that face masks are mandatory when boarding the plane.
Satisfaction. Destinations. Delivered. Valley International Airport.